Skip to main content

AS I GRADUATE.....

Motivation is needed in every walk of life.Whether we are kids or grown ups there are instances when we start doubting ourselves,and things go way off the limits sometimes and we often create an emotional mess,to get out of which seems a daunting task!



So,right at that point we need someone to inspire us,some person to look up to.Some ideas to pick us up or maybe some friend to offer his/her shoulder,at least.Those who have company often share their emotions and hence face every situation collectively.They don't have a lot of problems tackling individual issues provided the company is good.Each one helps the other in facing the situations, this lack of motivation as well.



People like me who don't prefer company have to develop some kind of inner mechanism so that when every thing seem down,there is an inner sense of confidence to pick us up.



I feel this confidence is not optional and as we get out there in the world it is often left to us alone,to face the toughest of circumstances.Right then these tools help us.

We are in the career building phase of our lives and as everyone I'm excited,confused,nervous and sometimes anxious about it.These are a few questions which linger my mind every time I have spare time away from the usual things:

What should I take up as a career to be successful?



Among plenty of options which is the best one for me?



What is success after all in my terms?



Are money and fame things to run after blindly?



Is peace of mind more necessary than anything else?



What if I fail,do I have a backup plan?



What about ethics,is compromising ethics for the sake of oneself justifiable?



Can I be able to manage my life,at own cost?



These are among many questions which are in my mind at the moment and to seek answers to them,I have to dive in deeper within myself.



I feel the self is the best person to seek answers as no one knows me better than myself.Although advices are welcome but the final answers should come from the inside.





The potential as well as my past experiences all are stored within and which form a very crucial role in my decision making.So,what about the career?

There are endless opportunities lying ahead of me at the moment,and I won't hesitate in saying that I'm confused which one to choose.



One thing is clear though,the time is ripe to make decisions.No decision can be taken a few years ahead of now,it'll be too late.No decision can be taken immediately in a haste,it may be a cause of repent in years to come!We have to keep a calm and determined state of mind.





As far as we are concerned,I feel if we have to achieve something this is the time to put in the right effort at the right place.



This is closest we can get to the train of our expectations.We are at the platform right now and the trains is waiting.It'll leave soon and we should ride it as early as possible.Once in the right train,we then peacefully seek the destination enjoying the journey in between!This is my way of looking at this thing.





Really,We can choose any field and then if hard work is continued in the future,excellence will be delivered at no other cost!I have a firm belief in that.Whether it is being a teacher or a career in the military or career as a scientist even the most conventional one,yes the civil services,a lot of doors are open for me.





Any of these careers,if chosen with a calm mind and a determination to work hard will be satisfying as far as I'm concerned.Picking up the best one,of course,depends on the individual's preference.Hard work and a firm determination if followed honestly will in due course of time be the key to success.This is what I've learnt.



Now I think of money and fame and my mind certainly deviates.



I'm not someone seeking luxury.I don't even like a lot of attention and hence driving me by the mere desire of money and fame is very difficult,in real sense!



Of course these days,we all seek money and I agree it is needed for survival.But I don't understand why in a certain corporation,a guy earns some money while the guy sitting in a cabin in front of him earns 100 times the money than that of him!Does he work hard?I mean if our guy works 8 hours does he work like 24?Oh then I find out the other guy is responsible for making big decisions,so he earns big!Whatever,I hate the corporates and their ideas.I don't want to be one of them,yes the salesman,the manager,the CEO all dressed up in similar black suits but taking amazingly different pay cheques back home!

I don't have such ambitions as to drive shiny vehicles or to own a huge house.So,isn't it futile for me to run after a high paying job and waste my present over it,just for the sake of a delusional ambition!



I need just enough to make my ends meets,so I won't have a lot of problems there as well.



And the fame part,c'mon everyone wants to be famous but what is gained thereafter?Nothing but a plain boring lonely life!Look at our so called stars.Apart from some,no one is happy with all the fame and attention because its not natural for us to be famous!



Its just a momentary desire,and fades away soon if we are learnt enough!



But for me,a career is not the only priority although being important in our little lives.I mean there should be a career,a family and friends and relatives as well but there should be enough time to relax and thank mother nature for every moment we spend here.I don't know why it is not considered necessary in the scheme of things.Then,I learn that in a way man has been fighting nature to such an extent that he has lost respect for her!No way,I can't do that.We are bound by it and hence control is in nature's hand and not the other way round.And believe me,this realisation has been the most hardest and most significant truth that I've learnt in this life of 21 years!This is the only submission I've made in life,as of now.



I don't think personal achievements matter a lot in the long run,although what matters in the long run is not clear to any of us!We all perish one day so what's the need to do any thing.Then,I find that it is an endless chain of actions and we have to work work and work till we reach salvation.There is no shortcut!



So,keeping a calm mind,enjoying my day to day life and never forgetting to thank mother nature for blessing me with this wonderful life.I progress in life.At the moment,things are a breeze although I anticipate tough times ahead and I'm prepared!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRIP TO NAGALAND

Not too many people have Nagaland in their bucket list. Uncomfortable roads, poor transport system and a lot of corruption are a few factors which contribute to it. Added to it the stories of still active insurgency, Nagaland although an extremely beautiful hill state doesn’t manage to have a lot of tourism going on except for the Hornbill festival in December every year. But, my case is slightly different. Affinity towards the culture of the entire North east, plus a desire to visit not to tourist frequented places made Nagaland a definite must go. So, when I got time and saved some money, I immediately planned a trip to the beautiful hilly state with my girlfriend. The Nagaland express Since, th is was my second trip towards the hills of the North east, I was more confident and familiar with the sytem than the previous time. We booked a filght to Guwahati and from there we took a train to Dimapur aptly named :”Nagaland Express”. This trip was never meant to be pleasurable

FIRST TRIP TO THE NORTH EAST-MIZORAM

Around 7 years ago during the final year of my school, I read a book about the various tribes of the north East India. Already fascinated by a place so serene, yet unexplored and heard stories of the people inhabiting those lands, the book generated in me a desire to visit the places as soon as possible. The author of that book visited the entire North East as a part of his assignment for All India Radio (AIR) during the 1970s and the way he described those tribes and the places, a strong desire arose inside of me to visit these places and see for myself how beautiful that land is, how well mannered those people are! It is aptly called the 'unexplored paradise' as I discovered. But the idea materialized only in March, when financially empowered by a scholarship from ISRO, and constantly motivated by my best friend (who could not resist travel, and hence accompanied me!), I planned to visit Mizoram. Why Mizoram? There is a particular thing about the mizos, and if asked com